Terms and Privacy Updated 2019-12-04
Please read these terms carefully. This is a binding agreement between TaskFriend Technologies Corp. (variously referred to as "TaskFriend" "we" "us" or "our") and a person ("you") who has indicated their assent hereto by downloading and installing our app or similarly expressing acceptance. Any persons who access or establish a connection to the TaskCause app or website shall also be deemed to have accepted the terms of this agreement.
1. ACCESS TO THIS SITETo access any part of this website, TaskCause.com (the "Website") or other software, resources or services (and of the foregoing, the “Services”), you are asked to provide registration information. It is a condition of your use of the Services that all the information you provide is correct, current, and complete. If TaskFriend believes the information you provide is inaccurate, we may terminate or suspend your access to the Services.
You agree that TaskFriend may, without prior notice for any reason or no reason, immediately terminate your account and access to the Services. You agree that all terminations may be made in TaskFriend’s discretion and that TaskFriend will not be liable to you for any termination of your account.
3. RESTRICTIONS ON USEYou may access the Services only for your personal, non-commercial use. You may not use the Services for any other purpose. You may not, for example, (i) modify, publish, distribute, transmit, systematically download, use automated means to index or extract data from, participate in the transfer or sale or rental of, translate, create derivative works from, frame, co-brand, or in any way exploit any part of the Services other than for personal use or as specifically permitted in this agreement, without TaskFriend's written consent, or (ii) use the Services in any harmful manner or interfere with any party's use or enjoyment of the Services. You agree to cooperate with TaskFriend in causing any unauthorized use of the Services to immediately cease.
Safety of Minors and COPPA. Our services are not intended for and may not be used by minors. “Minors” are individuals under the age of majority in their place of residence (or under 13 in the United States). We do not knowingly collect personal data from minors or allow them to register. If it comes to our attention that we have collected personal data from a minor, we may delete this information without notice.If you have reason to believe that this has occurred, please contact us.
TaskCause is currently offered only to users with phone numbers within in the United States.
4. OWNERSHIPThe material accessible from this Website, including text, data, images, interfaces and other materials or works of authorship (the "Content") is owned or licensed by TaskFriend. TaskFriend and its licensors own all right, title and interest in and to the Services and Content, including all associated intellectual property rights.
Content may not be copied, distributed, republished, uploaded, posted, or transmitted in any way without the prior written consent of TaskFriend, except that you may print out limited portions of the Content solely for your personal use. You may not remove or alter, or cause to be removed or altered, any copyright, trademark, trade name, service mark, or any other proprietary notice or legend appearing on any of the Content.
5. CONTENT SUBMISSIONSYou retain ownership of all text, photos, graphics, or other material submitted or communicated to TaskFriend through this Website or the Services (together, the “Submission”). You hereby grant to TaskFriend the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, and display, and to incorporate any Submission in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed. TaskFriend will not be required to treat any Submission as confidential, and may use any Submission in its business (including without limitation, for products or advertising) without incurring any liability for royalties or other payment, and will not assume any liability as a result of any similarities that may appear in future TaskFriend operations. You represent that you own or otherwise possess all of the rights to any Submissions.
You may not post, send, submit, publish, or transmit in connection with the Services any material that (i) you do not have the right to post, including proprietary material of any third party, (ii) advocates illegal activity or discusses an intent to commit an illegal act, (ii) is vulgar, obscene or threatening, (iv) libels, defames, or invades the privacy of other users, (v) does not pertain directly to the subject matter of the Services or advertises another product or service, includes programs that contain viruses, worms, or any other malicious computer code, or (vi) contains hyperlinks to other sites that contain content that falls within the descriptions set forth above.
We explicitly monitor all data submitted to us to continuously determine compliance with this agreement, as well the right to remove or refuse Submissions for any reason. Notwithstanding these rights, you remain solely responsible for the content of your submissions.
6. HYPERLINKSThe Website may include hyperlinks to other websites that are not owned or operated by TaskFriend. These links are provided for your convenience, and TaskFriend may receive commissions or other financial compensation from the owners of these websites. Hyperlinks are to be accessed at your own risk. TaskFriend has no control over other websites and is not liable for any content, advertising, products, services or other materials on or available from those websites. Nonetheless, we wish to protect the users of the Website, and we therefore invite feedback about websites that are linked from this Website.
7. DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT (“DMCA”) NOTICE TO COPYRIGHT OWNERSTaskFriend owns, protects and enforces copyrights in its own creative material and respects the copyrights of others. Materials may be made available on the Services, or via the Services, by third parties not within the control of TaskFriend. It is our policy not to permit materials known by us to be infringing to remain on this Website.
In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, or “DMCA”, you should notify us promptly if you believe any materials displayed within the Services infringe your copyright. Regardless of whether we are liable for such infringement, our response may include removing or disabling access to material claimed to be infringing activity and/or terminating the alleged infringer’s access to the Website. If we remove or disable access in response to your notice, we will make a good-faith attempt to contact the person who submitted the material so that they may have the opportunity to submit a counter notification.
Please send all notices to support@TaskCause.com
Your notice of alleged copyright infringement should include:
- A description of how your copyrighted work or other intellectual property has been infringed;
- A description of where the infringing material is located on the Website;
- Where we can contact you and, if different, where the allegedly infringing party can contact you;
- A statement that you believe that the use of the material is not authorized by the copyright or other intellectual property rights owner, by its agent, or by law;
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is correct and that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is alleged to be infringed; and
- Your electronic or physical signature.
8. SECURITY AND SECURITY VIOLATIONSPasswords used to access the Services are for individual use only. You are responsible for the security of your own password and for all activities that occur through the use of your account if accessed with your password, including liability for damages resulting from misuse. If you use a password that TaskFriend considers insecure, TaskFriend may require you to change the password or terminate your account.
You may not attempt to violate the security of the Services, or use the Services to violate the security of other persons or websites or to violate the law, including by:
(i) accessing data not intended for you or logging into an account that you are not authorized to access, (ii) attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the Services or to breach security or authentication measures, (iii) attempting to interfere with service to any user, host or network, including without limitation, by submitting a virus to the Services, overloading, conducting “denial of service attacks,” “flooding,” “spamming,” “mail bombing” or “crashing,” (iv) sending unsolicited e-mail, including promotions and/or advertising of products or services, (v) forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail, or (vi) attempting to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software making up any part of the Services.
TaskFriend will take all reasonably necessary steps to investigate suspected violations of this agreement. TaskFriend reserves the right to involve and fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities and comply with court orders requesting or directing TaskFriend to disclose the identity of anyone engaging in conduct that is believed to violate the law. TaskFriend further reserves the right, in its discretion, to release your details to system administrators at other sites in order to assist them in resolving security incidents.
You release and hold harmless TaskFriend from and against any claims resulting from any action taken by TaskFriend during or as a result of its investigations and from any actions taken as a consequence of investigations by either TaskFriend or law enforcement authorities.
Please review the following section with particular care, as they affect your rights significantly.
9. IMPORTANT DISCLAIMERSYour use of the services is at your own risk. The services are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. TaskFriend disclaims any warranties, express or implied, including any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, or non-infringement.
By way of illustration, and without limiting the generality of the disclaimer in the paragraph above, the TaskFriend disclaims any warranty that:
- The Services will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that defects will be corrected;
- The Website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components; or
- The Content is accurate or free of typographical errors.
We provide a platform to bring together people to who have services to offer and those who are looking for people to provide services, and to facilitate transactions between willing parties. However, we do not evaluate or vouch for the qualifications or backgrounds of its users and does not warranty or assume responsibility for the services provided by people or organizations who post on the Website. We advise you to exercise due care and caution, just as you would in any interactions with persons not personally known to you.
WE DO NOT PERFORM TASKS AND WE DO NOT EMPLOY INDIVIDUALS TO PERFORM THEM. WE DO NOT SUPERVISE, DIRECT OR CONTROL ANY ASPECT OF WORK PROVIDED IN ANY MANNER, WHICH YOU HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE.
The TaskCause app only enables connections between Users for the fulfillment of Tasks. We are not responsible for the performance of Users, nor do we have control over the quality, timing, legality, failure to provide, or any other aspect whatsoever of Tasks, Workers, Clients, nor of the integrity, responsibility, qualifications or any of the actions or omissions whatsoever of any Users. We make no representations about the suitability, reliability, timeliness, or accuracy of the Jobs requested and services provided by Users identified through TaskFriend whether in public, private, or offline interactions.
We may host User Generated Content (as defined hereinafter) relating to reviews and ratings of specific Providers (“Feedback”). Such Feedback is such User’s opinion, not our opinion, and has not been verified or approved by us. As such, each Client should undertake their own research to be satisfied that a specific Provider is the right person for a Job. You agree that we are not liable for any Feedback or other User Generated Content. We encourage each User to give objective, constructive and honest Feedback about the other Users with whom they have transacted. We do not investigate any remarks posted by Users for accuracy or reliability but may do so if a User requests that we do so.
10. LIMITATION ON LIABILITYYou agree that TaskFriend will not be liable for any incidental, direct, indirect, punitive, actual, consequential, special, exemplary, or other damages, including loss of revenue or income, pain and suffering, emotional distress, or similar damages, even if TaskFriend has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
In no event will the liability of TaskFriend and its employees, agents, officers and directors, to any party (regardless of the form of action, whether in contract, tort, or otherwise) exceed the greater of $500 or the amount that you have paid to TaskFriend for the services during the most recent 12-month period.
11. INDEMNIFICATIONTo the maximum extent permitted by law, you shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless TaskFriend, its subsidiaries, affiliates, licensors, service providers, content providers, employees, agents, officers, and directors from and against all third-party claims, liabilities and expenses, including legal fees and costs, arising out of your use of the Services or your breach of any representation contained in or other provision of this agreement. TaskFriend reserves the right, in its sole discretion and at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any claim for which you are obligated to provide indemnification under this section. You will cooperate as fully as reasonably required in the defense of any claim.
12. AMENDMENTThis agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties relating to the subject matter contained herein. The TaskFriend may modify this agreement at any time by posting the revised terms on the Website and providing you with the opportunity to accept or reject the modifications during your next sign-on to the Services. If you do not agree to the modifications, you may be required to cease your access to the Services.
13. MISCELLANEOUSThis agreement is governed and will be interpreted pursuant to the laws of the State of Wisconsin, United States of America, without regard to its choice of law rules. The parties agree that the exclusive venue for any dispute between arising out of this agreement will be in, and specifically consent to the personal jurisdiction of, the state and federal courts located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. If any part of this agreement is unlawful, void, or unenforceable, that part will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. Any notices or other communications permitted or required hereunder will be in writing and given by TaskFriend via e-mail, to the address that you provided when registering for the Services, and will be effective upon transmission.
14. CONTACT AND FEEDBACKWe welcome and encourage feedback, comments and suggestions for improvements to the Services (“Feedback”). You may submit Feedback at https://TaskCause.com/contact_us or contact us through customer service at 262-421-1222. You agree that all Feedback will become the sole and exclusive property of TaskFriend and you hereby irrevocably assign to TaskFriend all of your right, title, and interest in and to all Feedback, including all worldwide patent rights, copyright rights, trade secret rights, and all other applicable proprietary or intellectual property rights.
Refund policy: Taskfriend can aid in situations where there is dispute. However, users are ultimately responsible for resolving disputes.
15.Merchant Services AgreementBy accepting this Agreement, you agree:
(a) that you have read the MSA , and (b) that you have reviewed and agree to the MSA. TaskFriend is not a party to the MSA and that you, Braintree and Braintree's sponsoring bank are the three parties to the MSA and that TaskFriend has no obligations or liability to you under the MSA. If you have questions regarding the MSA, please contact Braintree at 877.434.2894.
- What information we collect from or about you.
- What we use your information for.
- In what ways we may disclose your information to other parties
- The kinds of security measures in place to protect against loss or misuse of your personal information.
- What cookies are, and other forms of tracking that may be in use on the Website.
- Other privacy policies to which you may become subject when you use the Services.
- How you can access, update or delete your Personally Identifiable Information.
We refer in this Policy to two types of user information: Personally Identifiable Information (sometimes referred to as “PII”) and non-Personally Identifiable Information.
Personally Identifiable Information refers to any information that can be used to uniquely identify, contact, or locate you. Examples of Personally Identifiable Information include a name, physical address, e-mail address, telephone number, date of birth, or a credit card number.
TaskFriend collects only the PII that you voluntarily provide, such as when you register to use the Services, set up a profile, create content, sign up for a special offer, enter a sweepstakes or promotion, or complete a survey. If you purchase products or subscribe for paid services, you might also be asked to provide your credit card and related information for billing purposes.
You might also be asked for, or choose to provide, additional information about yourself that does not, itself, specifically identify you. This is non-Personally Identifiable Information. However, some information of this kind, such as your age, gender, geographic location and shopping preferences may be required (or merely requested) when you register for the Services, and may be associated with your PII.
TaskFriend may also automatically collect other types of non-Personally Identifiable Information as you use the Services, including technical information (such as your IP address, mobile device ID, or browser type) and usage information (such as location data, preferred language, the parts of the Services you have visited, which links you have clicked and other information about how you interact with the Services). This information is anonymous, and is not associated with your PII, although it may be associated with other pieces of anonymous information linked to you.
What do we use your information for?
Your Personally Identifiable Information may be used in the following ways:
- To contact you regarding your account. These communications may include notices regarding changes to our policies, service updates, account management procedures and customer service transactional messages.
- To e-mail you newsletters or tips about how to use the Services, inform you of product updates, or notify you about our own special offers or those of our third-party partners.
- To bill your credit card or other specified form of payment, in accordance with the Terms of Service.
- To enable us to generate aggregate data about site traffic and site interaction.
- To customize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs).
- To show you advertisements most relevant to your demographic characteristics.
- To make improvements to the Website and Services.
- To inform potential partners and advertisers about the size and characteristics of our audience.
TaskFriend does not sell or trade your Personally Identifiable Information to outside parties. We may disclose your Personally Identifiable Information to vendors who help us operate the Website, conduct our business or provide the Services to you, such as credit card processors, customer service centers, or e-mail marketing providers. All such partners are legally bound to your information confidential.
We may disclose Personally Identifiable Information, including local, state, or federal law enforcement officials when we believe in good faith that the law requires such action, or when required to do so by order of a court or other compulsory legal process. We may also share Personally Identifiable Information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or to prevent harm to the Website.
We may use or distribute information about you and your use of the Services in ways that do not reveal Personally Identifiable Information. For example, we share anonymous user information with advertisers and advertising networks to enable the display of targeted, relevant advertisements. We may also provide anonymous usage data or summary characteristics of our audience to potential partners and advertisers or post such information on publicly accessible areas of the Website.
How secure is your personal info?
The security of your data is very important to us. We transmit your information securely using industry-compliant encryption technology directly to our payment processor. When you enter information such as credit card numbers into our app, the transmission is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL)however we do not keep a copy of this information on our servers. At most, we retain the last four of your card number only as a reference for your convenience.
Cookies are small files that a website or one of its service providers transfers to your computer’s storage device via your Web browser (if your browser is configured to permit this) that enable its systems to recognize your browser and store certain information.
We use “cookies” to collect information and improve our Services. A cookie is a small data file that we transfer to your local device. We may use “persistent cookies” to save your user ID and password for future logins to the Service. We may use “session ID cookies” to enable certain features of the Service, to better understand how you interact with the Service and to monitor aggregate usage and web traffic routing on the Service.
Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to your computer, and can only be read by a web server of the website that issued the cookie to you.
Depending on your web browser, you may have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers default to accept cookies but enable you to configure settings to decline them. For further information about disabling cookies you can visit allaboutcookies.org. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to sign in or use other features of the Services that depend on cookies.
TaskFriend maintains internal logs of usage of the Services. Logs include information such as IP (Internet Protocol) address, browser type and version, and computer operating system. TaskFriend uses logs mainly for internal systems administration and diagnostic purposes, and to detect improper use of the site. Logs may also be used to generate aggregate, non-Personally Identifiable Information for advertisers or other third parties.
Other privacy policies to which you may be subject
Occasionally, we may include or offer third-party products or services on the Website that include links to external websites. For example, advertisements, promotional offers, “free gifts,” and other links on the TaskFriend Website or included in e-mail from TaskFriend, may bring you to external web pages not controlled by TaskFriend. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies and terms of service, which will govern the use of any Personally Identifiable Information that you provide. While TaskFriend is not responsible for the use of your information by third parties, we nevertheless seek to protect our users and the integrity of our Website, and we therefore invite your feedback about these sites.
How can you access, update or delete your Personally Identifiable Information?
Administrative and account-related communications are necessary to ensure we provide our users with the highest level of service, therefore registered users are not permitted to opt out from receipt of these communications, except in the event that you cancel your registration for the Services entirely.
New types of marketing communications might be added from time to time. Users can opt out of receiving future marketing communications or they can unsubscribe by following instructions contained in the messages they receive.
Anonymous information relating to your past usage of the Services may remain in our archived records after your account has been deleted, and any content that you have contributed to the Services will remain visible to the same extent as if you remained a registered user of the Website. If you wish to have all information that you have posted to be deleted, please contact us https://TaskCause.com/contact_us and we will make reasonable efforts to honor your request.
What if you have questions that are not answered here?